Website Jobbank Canada
Our non-profit client is looking for a team oriented program assistant to join their team! The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys working with people and is eager to work with mature students who have a variety of backgrounds.
What’s in it for You?
- Low staff turnover
- Professional development opportunities
Compensation & Hours:
- The rate of pay will be $19-21/hr.
- The hours will be 8:30am-3:30pm with the expectation of one evening a month from 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- This is a one year contract position
- Intake of new clients, including registration, inquiries and follow-up paperwork as required
- Recording attendance of students both incoming and outgoing, while keeping up-to-date files for each client
- Tracking for students and supplies for classrooms and cleaning monthly or as directed by management
- Assisting in classrooms when necessary for both one-on-one support or general classroom supervision
- Ensuring mandatory program requirements are met within the building in all aspects, including safety and recycling
- Creation of engaging and informative bulletin boards
- Engagement with the students through programs and day-to-day activities
- Breadth of experience with a versatile background
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Strong attention to detail with a particular attention to names and individual backgrounds
- Ability to make quick decisions under pressure while staying calm and patient with students
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to smoothly adapt routines based on the specific needs of the day
Bonus Points For:
Knowledge in strategies regarding work with refugees and students who speak English as a second language
To apply for this job please visit jobs.selectrecruiting.ca.